Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust was established
in the year 1940 Sri. M.C. Shivanada Srma, a mightly man of miracles
came from a small village near Mysore & established a primary
school with only 6 students in this city of Bangalore. He approached
a number of Philanthropists and merchants & with their donation
started building R.V. Institutions.
The following institutions are run & managed
by the Trust under the able guidance of Sri.M.K.Panduranga Setty,
a leading industrialist of Karnataka & also the Rotary International
Director & a team of dedicated trustees, the trust has been
rendering a yeoman service in the field of education. The philosophy
of the Trust is "Excellence in Education and Service to Humanity"
- R.V. Sishu Vihar
- R.V. Higher Primary School
- R.V. Integrated School for the Disabled
- R.V. High School
- R.V. Girls High School
- NMKRV PU College for Women
- NMKRV College for Women Including PG Dept.
- SSMRV PU College
- SSMRV Degree College
- R.V. Teachers College - Institute of Advanced Studies in Education
- R.V Teachers Training Institute
- R.V. College of Engineering
- D.A. Pandu Memorial R.V. Dental College & Hospital
- R.V. Centre for Manufacturing Research & Technology Utilisation
- R.V. Institute of Sanskrit & Gandhian Studies
- Shashwathi - A Women's Heritage Museum
- R.V. Educational Consortium
- R.V. Health Centre
- R.V. Institute for social Service & Skill Promotion
- R.V-TIFAC Composites Design Centre
- R.V. Public School (ICSE)
- R.V. Institute of Management.
- Foundation for clean Energy & Environment
- R.V. College of Nursing
- R.V. College of Physiotherapy
D.A. Pandu Memorial R.V Dental College was established
in the year 1992 first affiliated to Bangalore University & now
to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, approved & recognized
by Dental Council of India. The D.A. Pandu Memorial R.V. Dental
College & Hospital is located in a spacious building & equipped
with the latest equipments to treat Dental & Oral Diseases. The
D.A. Pandu Memorial R.V. Dental College has strong faculty in all
the branches of Dentistry with experienced staff members in all
The College offers Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
course, that is of 5 years duration, including one year of compulsory
rotatory internship. At present the college is imparting training
in BDS degree (Bachelor of Dental Surgery).
The College has started PG course in 8 specialties of Dentistry
in the academic year 2003-2004.
The College has taken up massive work in the field
of Community Dental Programme in rural areas. The detail of this
is furnished. Our institution is the first to have Mobile Dental
Van in Bangalore city. The equipment have been donated by the Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, USA. The objective of this
programme is to expose our students to work in rural setup of our
country, so that they will be able to work in rural areas after
graduation. The institution countries & in this direction the
institution has arranged a number of CME programs, Lectures &
Workshops by National & International Speakers which has enabled
our students & faculty to acquaint themselves with the recent
The Library of the college is well equipped with
books & periodicals, Photocopying, Scanning & Printing facilities.
The facility to browse the Internet is also available. Computers
have been provided in all the departments. These computers have
been interconnected over a LAN (Local Area Network).
The faculty members of this institution have presented
papers in National & International conferences & also published
in Journals. The Institution has completed research projects including
one sponsored by UNICEF / DRDO.
The Trust has committed to make this institution a model-training
centre in the filed of Community Oral health Programme, so that,
the health workers, professionals from all over the world can utilize
the services & interact with local health professionals for
the benefit of Humanity.
Research work/ Projects undertaken :
- Project on Dental Health Education for school Children sponsored
by UNICEF in collaboration with Zilla Panchayat, Mysore is completed.
- Project completed on Study on Periodontal Tissues sponsored
by Dabur Pharmaceuticals
- Project completed on Hepatitis B screening in Dental Students
- Medical Research Foundation of Bangalore
In this direction the college is recognized as
a partner in the CAMHADD collaborative centre.
The department of Pedodontia has taken up unique school health programme
covering the school chidren in Hosur supported by TVS. These two
programmes are appreciated by WHO representative who visited recently.