The Dept.of pediatric dentistry is headed by Dr.A.Ananthraj,
Proff, and supported by Dr.Praveen.P., Asst Prof, Dr.Karthik.Venkataraghavan,
Senior lecturer and Dr.Sudhir.R., lecturer.There are ecxcellent
facilites for training f undergraduates and post graduate students
with unique cabins for privacy during treatment procedures. Audio
and Video facilities have been provided for the entertainment of
the patients. The Department has an ambience, which is well accepted
by the patients who come here for treatment. There is a well-equipped
laboratory for fabricating appliances etc. The children who come
here for treatments have a separate play area where they can relax.
The following treatments are offered in the department:
- Parent and children counseling regarding the intake of proper
diet to prevent the incidence of tooth decay
- Preventive resin and pit and fissure sealant restorations
- Root canal therapy for primary and young permanent teeth along
with the crown restorations
- Correction of oral habits like thumb sucking, mouth breathing,
lip biting, tongue thrusting, teeth grinding, etc.
- Appliances for maintaining and regaining space lost due to premature
loss of primary teeth.
- Correction of minor irregularities of the teeth and oral cavity.
- Management of cleft lip and palate patients by the way of fabricating
feeding palate or obturators.
- Management of traumatic injuries to the teeth due to fall, accidents,
- Management and treatment of physically and mentally challenged
- Tooth colored restorations for decayed teeth
- Management of problem children under genera anesthesia at Sevakshetra
The department organizes and conducts school dental
health programme son a regular basis in the state of Tamil Nadu
and Karnataka in association with T.V.S.Motor Co.Ltd.
The departments also conduct comprehensive treatment for physically
and mentally challenge children in association with FAME (Foundation
for activation, motivation and empowerment) and other NGO's.